Friday, May 27, 2011



THE DARING BAKER'S MAY CHALLENGE



MARQUISE ON MERINGUE



The May 2011 Daring Baker's challenge was hosted by Emma of CookCraftGrow and Jenny of PurpleHouseDirt. They chose to challenge everyone to make a Chocolate Marquise. The inspiration for this recipe comes from a dessert they prepared at a restaurant in Seattle.


Here is my version of the challenge.


I made the 1/4 recipe and set my marquise in a loaf tin - made it easy to slice off like a terrine, also made almond brittle instead of the spiced almonds.





6 comments:

  1. I love how you plated this! My spiced almonds actually turned out like almond brittle (broke them apart), but intentional brittle sounds nice. :) by the way, I adore NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marquise looks very inviting. You did a lovely job. best,Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea to use a loaf pan for the marquise! I can see how that would make slicing the servings a lot easier. Beautiful presentation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you got creative with your plating and your meringue looks cool. And I agree, the loaf pan is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete